Thursday, June 24, 2004

﴾ My Wet Cheeks ﴿

A few days back my bestfriend's father had a mild heart attack. A few years back my father had a mild heart attack. It made me realized how precious life is and the people in our life are.
The thought of losing these people, makes tears roll down my cheeks.
It made me appreciate who and how much they mean to me. I've always taken it for granted that my parents will always be there through out my life, never realizing that I would part from them. And thinking back of all the traumas and anger that I've put my parents thru, I can never say Thank You enough to them for being patience, for being loving, for being supportive, for loving each and every child unconditionally. I particularly have been the "devil child" in the family. Always rebellious, always doing things my way, throwing tantrums and never thinking about the feelings of others.
And to look back and remember that no matter what they were still by my side, makes tears roll down my cheeks.

Mama,
I love you for your love to all your children. I love you for always understanding my need to be different. I love you for listening to all my crap and lies. I love you for all the soul food cooking you have made for me. I love you for all the tears I have made you shed. I love you for accepting me for who I am. And above all I love you for the unconditional love you have taught me.

Daddy,
I love you for the time you spend with me. I love you for all the advise you have given me. I love you for always being there for me. I love you for the nonsense and heartache that I have given you. I love you for the education you have given me. And I love you for the strength of living on my own two feet that you have taught me.

Lots of ❤,
Your Daughter



24th June 2004
Thursday
14:17 hrs