Wednesday, November 24, 2004

Bridging The Conversation

As I fell into a deep slumber of sleep, my mobile rang with an odd number appearing. The kind that does not appear with a name and makes you wonder "Who the hell is calling me at this hour?" Well, since I thought that I'm already up, might as well answer it even if it's a wrong number. To my surprise it was a friend of my sister. She apologized for calling so late having noticed that my voice was like a frog's crock. And I asked her, "Anything that I can help you with?". She said "It's your sister, she's not feeling too good at the moment." Immediately my eyes almost popped out of the socket. This is something that had never happen before. And so arrangement was made for my sister to be sent to my place.

Once she got here, I could tell that there were many things running in her mind, even if she doesn't say it. Call it a Sibling Telepathy. And so we sat down at the sofa... and the heart to heart talk begin. I've always felt and know that I'm normally an 'ear to hear & listen'. Something that was given to me from the fella upstairs. And only speak when I feel there is a need.

Both of us were never close while growing up....maybe it's the age gap, maybe it's the rivalry or maybe it could even be that I consider myself different from other members of the family being that I am the youngest. [This is something that I've come to realized that I'm not any different from the person next to me. I may be a lil' better, but not any different.] But whatever it was I'm glad that for the pass two years we've managed to make the bridge shorter and closer together.

It was a reminder to me in a way....that we are who we are because we have a family. Regardless if it's by blood or just out of love for one another.