Tuesday, July 27, 2004

BooGIe Is PReGNaNT !!!

My best friend called yesterday night with some awesome news.... Her cat may be pregnant. But we can't be sure until Boogie goes to the vet to get it confirmed. All night long we've been talking about how exciting it would be to have new additions to our CaT family.

Today my best friend called to say "Boogie Is Pregnant!!!!" And we both screamed and screamed with Joy! You can't imagine how great this news is for us. The last time I got this excited with a pregnant CaT was 14 years back when my sister's cat gave birth to a litter of 5. Man, that was the highlight of my life at the age of 15. I was there to see the beauty of birth.

Ira is on the way back from the Vet now and headed to the pet shop to get all the necessary things to prepare. The basket, the kitten food [which is for the nursing mom] and I won't be surprise if she even get collars for the kittens straight away...hehehehe.

Boogie is giving birth in 3 weeks time. CaTs carry their kittens for 56 days I was told.

And the best part of all, my CaTs Lenny & Max are gonna be uncles!!

One thing for sure is that Boogie will have a change of behavior. She'll turn on her natural motherly instinct. This is something that I've notice with my own CaTs. As soon as we got the latest additions to our Cat family which are Lenny & Max, Mauiee has been more down to earth so to say, licking them every minute she gets but she is still looney as ever. She acts like a mentor, a figure to follow. So many of Mauiee's traits has been passed on to the 2 boys. I find that very similar with us humans.

No matter what kind of creature you are, you'll always evolve when new things springs along.


Here's to Boogie & her kittens.