Thursday, November 04, 2004

The Family Portrait 1996


myFamily Portrait 1996
Originally uploaded by sherIZAN.

I remember the commotion the whole family made because of this particular family portrait. I was working at JHA Productions at the time and was on shoot on that particular day. And my momma refuse to change or push the date for the photo session.

Imagine halfway during shoot, I had to go back home, bath and change into the traditional costume. My momma being herself, she said "Put on some make up. You don't want to look sickly for the family portrait!!" You can imagine my face at that point....argh...so annoyed. She has always been pastering me to put on some make up since I was eleven years old. I think that is one of the reasons that I refuse to use any make up up till now, other then just some lipstick and my NEVER leave home without it eyebrow pencil.

The whole family gathered at my parents house, everybody looking very slick in their outfits. And I remember cleary my dad was the first to be ready..which is always for that matter. I think we spent a good 30 mins to 45 mins at the photo shop. "You stand here...You sit there...Oh no, not balanced" Those were some of the comments from members of the family. And I thank God that my momma didn't pick some awful backdrop.

After all that, I had to go back to work....with THICK make up and all. I remember Ira and Josh laughing at me when I got back

- ONE EVENT THAT I'LL ALWAYS TREASURE -